There are so many great organizations that are helping the community in significant ways. It’s always my intention to use my platform as a way to raise awareness of community initiatives and inform supportive readers on how they can get more involved in these initiatives.
As a Hoboken resident for 2+ years, I had never heard of the Hoboken Volunteer Ambulance Corp, also known as Hoboken EMS, until attending a comedy night fundraiser at the Hoboken Elk’s Lodge. In addition to laughing with some great local comics, we got to raise money for a good cause!
Hoboken EMS has been prominent in serving the community since COVID-19 hit and they are in need of donations! Keep reading to learn more about who they are and how you can donate.
What is Hoboken EMS?
Hoboken Volunteer Ambulance Corps is the last all-volunteer ambulance service in Hudson County. It was founded in 1971 by William “Bill” Matthews and Edward F. McIntyre. Hoboken EMS is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. They provide the emergency medical services to the City of Hoboken.
Who makes up EMS?
There are currently 140 active members. All volunteers go through training that is provided by the Corps. The training includes CPR, Emergency Medical Technician, and Certified First Responder training.
Where are they located?
They are located at 707 Clinton Street Hoboken, NJ 07030
How and where can I help?
Hoboken EMS operates on donations. Due to the Pandemic, their finances and supplies are being depleted rapidly. Currently, they are in need of Personal Protective Equipment such as N95 masks, surgical masks, medical gloves in all sizes (S, M, L, & XL), medical gowns, and Tyvek suits. Also, they are in need of cleaning products such as bleach, bleach wipes, Lysol Spray, hand sanitizer, etc.
You can help by:
- Donate directly to the Hoboken Volunteer Ambulance Corps by clicking here. You can do a one-time donation or set up a monthly donation. They accept credit card and PayPal.
- Donate to the Hoboken Volunteer Ambulance Corps GoFundMe. You can donate by clicking here.
- Purchase a tote bag from The Cuddly Boutique. 100% of proceeds will be donated to Hoboken EMS. You can purchase a tote bag by clicking here. Limited supply only!
- Purchase some Hoboken Girl Swag. 10% of net proceeds will be donated to Hoboken EMS. You can purchase some swag by clicking here.
- Do you follow Little Hoboken? They are asking their followers to donate just $1 to their venmo @littlehoboken, which will be donated to Hoboken EMS.
- Donate personal protective equipment or cleaning products directly at their headquarters.
- You can sign up to feed EMS dinner as well! Reach out to FeedingHobokenEMS@gmail.com to be put on the schedule. They have availability after May 15th.
Know of any other businesses donating to Hoboken EMS? Email me at email@example.com.
I’d like to get more involved, how can I?
You can check out their website www.hobokenems.com or call their headquarters at 201-420-2135 and asking for an “Officer”
Comments are closed