This gorgeous cowgirl is ready to find her forever home after birthing and weaning her pups! Lily was rescued from a local, municipal shelter where she came in in very, very bad shape. Lily was part of a neglect case and they soon realized she was pregnant and reached out to us.While Lily clearly had a hard life before coming to us, she could not be sweeter or friendlier with her family if she tried! Lily loves to cuddle, lay on your lap, and be a couch potato!
Lily definitely enjoys a walk and a romp in the yard, but she is not a high energy pup despite her being so young. Lily is potty-trained and walks well on leash. She would prefer a home with someone who is home more often than not because she loves being with people.Due to her past, Lily has a hard time trusting strangers. She absolutely loves her family but will need people to understand her limitations with strangers. Lily can live with other dogs and children 16+!
If you’re looking for a dog who wants to give you all the love in the world and more, apply to adopt Lily today!
- Check out the available dogs on our website—complete with bios and pictures
- Fill out an online adoption application for a dog that interests you
- WISE will not process any application that is not filled out entirely
- Have a 30 or so minute interview with our Adoption/Foster Coordinator to learn more about the dog and see if he or she would be a good match for you and your family
- Go through the reference and veterinary check where your friends, family, and vet (if you have one) are called to make sure you are able and ready to take care of a dog and, if you have had a pet in the past, that that pet was taken care of
- The best part—the meet and greet! Once approved, you will be invited to come meet the dog you’ve applied for. Your entire family, including any dogs, must be present
- If the meet and greet goes well, you will be able to adopt the dog and will have a home check to ensure your home is safe for the new incoming family member
WISE is a foster-based rescue in New Jersey dedicated to rescuing dogs of all ages and breeds from places where they are no longer wanted or are not being properly cared for. By partnering with veterinary practices that support our work, we are able to save dogs’ lives and restore them back to health.
Central to our mission is to ensure that all dogs are spayed/neutered, up-to-date on shots, and micro-chipped. Prior to adoption, all of our dogs are placed into responsible loving foster homes to be socialized and trained rather than put in a shelter environment.
There are so many ways to support Wise Animal Rescue, here are just a few to name: